Spring rolls filled with Curry spread, mango, carrot, rice noodles, mint, coriander and cucumber
Ingredients: for 1 portion – two rolls
- 2 sheets of rice paper
- 2 tablespoons of La vie est belle Curry spread
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 1/4 of a mango, cut into strips
- 1 small carrot, cut into sticks
- 1/3 cucumber, cut into sticks
- Two handfuls of cooked rice noodles
- Mint and / or cilantro leaves
- 0.5 tablespoon of sesame oil
For the dip:
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 0.5 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Salt or soy sauce to taste
- 1 teaspoon of spring onion in rings
- 0.5 teaspoon of red chili in rings
- Moisten a sheet of rice paper for a few seconds (under the water tap or in a bowl of lukewarm water) and lay it aside. It will further soften as you put the filling on it.
- Put 1 tablespoon of curry spread over the center of the rice paper. Make a rectangle measuring 5 by 10 cm.
- Divide half of the spinach leaves over it.
- Place half of the mango, carrot and cucumber sticks on top.
- Divide half of the rice noodles over it, finish with fresh herbs and drizzle some sesame oil over it.
- Fold the bottom of the rice paper upwards, over the filling. Does the paper still feel too stiff and does it break? Then gently wet it with your fingers and wait until the rice paper has become soft and elastic.
- Fold the sides inwards and continue to roll up, keeping the filling together and pushing it firmly.
- Repeat with the second sheet and the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the spring rolls and let them stiffen in the fridge before carving. Then let them come to room temperature for a while, so that the rice paper becomes softer again.
Expert tip 1:
Prefer a sweet and sour sauce? Also delicious!
Expert tip 2:
You do not have to cut the spring rolls into pieces, it is also delicious as a whole!