Pita with Shawarma strips, roasted bell pepper and cauliflower, vegan garlic yoghurt sauce, pomegranate seeds, spinach, mint and flat parsley
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 1 red pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 large pita breads
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable (unsweetened) yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- Lemon juice to taste
- 1 package of La vie est belle Shawarma strips
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaf
- Sprig of mint and flat parsley, the leaves roughly chopped
- Olive oil, cumin, (cayenne) pepper & salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Mix the bell pepper and cauliflower with olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until they are al dente and golden brown. Also fry the pita bread for the last few minutes until it is warm.
- Make the yogurt sauce: mix the yogurt with the pressed garlic and season with lemon juice, (cayenne) pepper and salt.
- Meanwhile fry the Shawarma strips golden brown in (olive) oil, over medium heat.
- Put a generous spoonful of sauce in each pita bread. Divide the Shawarma strips, the roasted vegetables and the spinach over the sandwiches. Finish with pomegranate seeds, fresh herbs and an extra spoonful of sauce.
Also delicious with sweet potato fries!